In the event of an accident that demands a compensation claim, it is very important that you employ the services of a good personal injury solicitor for representation. A lot of people claim to be an accident compensation solicitor, which is why it can be hard to tell the right solicitor from the fake ones. Here are 5 important questions to ask to make sure you get the best:
1. Is the solicitor specialized in accident injury claim? No, you are not asking a silly question. Most solicitors are opting to specialize in a particular area of law. Therefore, you can easily eliminate fake accident injury claim solicitors by choosing to work only with someone who is specialized in this area. The importance of this cannot be overemphasized because a wrong solicitor will not be up to the latest trend in this area, which could cost you a lot of money along the line. Besides, this area of law demands some specialization because of some medical terminology skills that are required.
You can also go ahead to find out if their law firm has a department that is specialized in this area. If you can, you should only settle for a law firm that has solicitors who are specialized in accident injury, such as the Best London Solicitors.
2. Is the solicitor going to charge you? It is important to find out if the personal accident claim solicitor intends to charge you apart from the claims the solicitor is going to make for their expenses and fees from the opponent. You are not to be charged from the compensation you are to receive. If this is not the case and not clearly stated and signed in the Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA), then desist from hiring such a solicitor.
3. Who is going to handle the out-of-pocket expenses? Beware that the personal injury solicitor does not include a clause in the CFA which will make you bear all the responsibility for all out-of-pocket expenses. Such expenses could include medical treatment on your part, the solicitors staff overtime, fax and telephone charges among others. These costs are to be handled by your solicitor and reclaimed from the opponent. However, if this is the case, the court will only allow you claim reasonable costs when you win the case.
4. Is the solicitor willing to go to court or settle out of court? Some solicitors may want to go out of their clients wish and decide to settle outside of court. Make sure that whatever choice you settle to go for does not have an adverse effect on you.
5. What will happen should you lose? You need to realize that in the event that you do lose the case, all fees and expenses will be paid for by you. You need to find out if your personal accident claim solicitor is willing to insure your claim should you lose. Some solicitors may deceive you into accepting that you cannot lose the case. Make sure you are properly protected should that be the case.